02: I Want To Go To Therapy. Now What?! Finding a Therapist
Whether you have been thinking about going to therapy for some time or might need a therapist in the future for yourself, friends or family, finding the right therapist can be done! I will take you through steps that will make your search more seamless. From laying the foundation for your search all the way to making it to your first appointment, while being organized and knowing what to expect along the way, can make this "going to therapy" a more informed process from the start. Steps for finding the right therapist include: Prep Step, The Search, The Making an Appointment, The Making it to Your Appointment.
In this podcast, I talk about:
- Simple steps that can help organize your therapist search.
- Questions to ask yourself prior to beginning your search.
- What to know about insurance.
- Therapist-client "fit." One size does not fit all when working with a therapist.
- Resources to help make an informed search.
- First appointments.
Email me with any questions or topics you want to hear about in the future at: email@example.com